Monday 2 April 2012

Light and Movement: Artist Statement

I am going to make this statement a short one, because I realize I do not need to explain this project in greater details after receiving the feedback and comments from critics. People seem to understand it better than I do.

This video is an experimental shorts about light and movement. Please see the following supporting post for the types of light I had studied.

Different Forms of "Light"
http://monkeywtsketch.blogspot.ca/2012/03/different-forms-of-light.html

In genral it is inspired by music and rhythm, and it explores the relation and distinction between the real and the artificial. Furthermore, there is actually only one thing I would love to explain: the lack of sound.

In an earlier post I made, Light and Movement v1.0 in particular, I stated that there would involve a sound. However, as I was working on the project, I realized several upbeat songs actually matches the video very well, and therefore I decided to leave this part open-ended. In the end, I believed our imagination should be good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment