Tuesday 28 February 2012

Artist Statement for "Flow"

The central theme of "Flow" is juxtaposition and paradox. By juxtaposing different visual and audio elements that I collected from different sources, I allow these contrasting elements to react together, in order to generate an emotional, mysterious atmosphere and immersion.

Furthermore, the title itself is referring to the way in which this work is constructed. In particular, I had started this work by brainstorming on a blank piece of paper, because I got nothing in mind when I received the topic. During the making of the video, I placed those elements on top of a feature footage according to the natural flow of ideas. As a result, narration is generally not important for the piece.

(a bibliography will be posted later)

No comments:

Post a Comment