Monday 26 March 2012

Lightbox v1.1: What to Do and What I Want to Do?

This post was supposed to be posted before Lightbox v1.2: Sketches. It is recommended to read this one first, although order does not really matter.

Note: the following came from my paper sketchbook. Even though I had already completed the image at this point, I wrote down the following based on my original brainstorming.

Key ideas:
  1. First of all, this work will be a pain for someone like me who frequently moves, so it must be absolutely worthy to keep. 
  2. Furthermore, because it is the final project, it is going to be a summary of what I had learned from the past projects. Particularly, there will be either direct or indirect reference on the Interior drawing, Flow, and Light and Movement.
  3. It is going to form parts of the foundation and/or prologue for my future thesis.
In details: 
  1. Generally speaking, it is going to be thematically connected to the Interior drawing, and aesthetically connected to Flow and Light and Movement.
  2. It will directly comment on the Hanfu movement and reflect at least one of the central ideas.
  3. It is going to be hybrid: contains both hand-drawn and photographic elements.
  4. I am going to use either visual elements directly taken from the past projects, or those resemble the elements used in the past.
  5. It is going to be a night scene which includes post modern architectures.

No comments:

Post a Comment